How Much Does Master Clubs Cost?
Get your children excited about discipleship with Master Clubs for $12 per Clubber per year!
Let us show you how:
For less than the cost of typical Sunday school curriculum, you could provide Master Clubs to the children in your church. To completely provide Master Clubs to 20 children in your church could cost your children’s ministry less than $250 per year. This includes all books, vests, badges, and special awards for a typical Club year.
How to Provide Master Clubs for $12 Per Child
The maximum cost to supply a Clubber with their books, vests, and badges is $40 per year. While you may prefer to supply the entire curriculum to your children at no cost to them, here are some ideas that could make Master Clubs more affordable for your church.
1. We suggest that you have parents purchase the books and award vests for their own children. This would reduce the average cost per Clubber from $40 per year to $26.50 per year. The left column shows maximum expenses, meaning the maximum cost if a Clubber completed everything possible for his or her 30 week Club year.
2. Many churches also ask their member Clubbers to give $.50 dues each week for attending Club. This would further lower your expenses from $26.50 to $11.50 per Clubber per year at 30 weeks of Club per year (during the school year). Clubbers can give their dues each week as they sign in or you could allow them to give all of their dues for the semester up front or for the entire year.
3. All of the costs presented here are based on the assumption that each Clubber will earn every possible award. You will find that most of your Clubbers will earn most of the badges, but only dedicated Clubbers will earn all possible awards for each year. Your dedicated Clubbers may also earn additional badges found in the Additional Badge Section for the Primaries and the Platinum Crown Section for the Ambassadors.
Additional Questions for Consideration
What will my start up costs be?
Obviously, your first year of Master Clubs will be the most expensive as you acquire equipment, books, inventory, and resources. Below are some of the expenses that you could anticipate.
Charter Application - $150
Directorss Kit - Free with Charter Fee
MasterLink Software (Optional) - $40
MasterLink App (Optional) - $70
What will it cost to properly equip our leaders?
Supplying each leader with resources to help them effectively disciple your children and make Club exciting is important. This will cost your church an average of $11 per leader for your first year. After that, all leader resources will last several years. You may also consider having your leaders wear Master Clubs Leader Shirts (Check out the available apparel in our online store).
What will it cost to train our leaders?
The Leader Training PowerPoint and eight Leader Training Guides are included in your Director's Kit when you charter with Master Clubs. Additional Leader Training Guides are $20 per pack of 4. Your leaders will work through the Leader Training Guide as someone directs them using the Leader Training PowerPoint; then they will be able to keep the guide for future reference.
What is the annual charter fee?
You can renew your Master Clubs charter for your church each year for $135 if you take advantage of the discount pricing. The annual charter provides your church with:
- Communication to leaders through newsletters, promotional brochures, and our website at www.masterclubs.org.
- Toll-free phone service for product orders, leader counseling, and training at (800) 451-5023.
- Free Mailbox Contests, providing your local church the opportunity for all ages to enter and possibly win beautiful awards.
- The eligibility to participate in one of our spring Regional Competitions.
- The eligibility to order Master Clubs materials.
How can we offset some of the costs of Master Clubs?
Here are some ideas other churches have used to keep their budget as low as possible.
- Allow your Clubbers to give dues as previously mentioned.
- Take special offerings occasionally throughout the year.
- Children are the world's largest and neediest mission field. Consider supplementing Master Clubs through the missions account of your church.
- Use fund-raisers.
- Provide scholarships. Ask couples in your church who do not have kids in Club to sponsor kids who cannot afford to purchase Club supplies.
Are there any other costs we should consider?
If you plan to run a bus or van to bring children to Club, consider factoring in additional funds to supply books for those children.
While working with teenagers at Highland Park Baptist Church in Chattanooga, TN, Abb Thomas discovered that in order to have a great teen ministry, he needed to develop an exceptional children’s ministry. After refining many ideas and overcoming countless obstacles, he developed Master Clubs, a discipleship ministry for children. But unlike other children's discipleship materials, he developed Master Clubs to go beyond just teaching children the truths of the Bible, but actually help children apply and live-out those truths.
In 1973, Abb Thomas and his family began shipping out materials to churches with this same vision for discipling children. Then in 1978, his church hosted the first national competition event for kids. Since that time, churches around the world have been using Master Clubs to disciple and evangelize children for Christ.
Today, Master Clubs, a division of Master Ministries under the authority of First Baptist Church of Milford, Ohio, continues the passion displayed by Abb Thomas. Now, under the leadership of Daniel Jessup, Master Clubs continues to provide Baptist churches with the King James based resources they need to effectively teach and train young people to serve the Master. “...For one is your Master, even Christ.” Matthew 23:10
Master Clubs is currently used in over 550 Baptist churches in North and South America, Europe, and the Philippines.
“As a pastor, I have to make sure that every area of my church is active, thriving, and growing. Our church provides programs for the teens, the elderly, the handicapped, the deaf, and many other groups of people. It is my opinion the children’s ministry is a neglected area in most churches. Allow me to recommend [Master Clubs] for your children’s program. This is a sound, [b]iblical, well-structured program that works and has stood the test of time. You will not be disappointed when you see the children of your church growing and maturing in the Lord because of this great ministry. We use it, and I give it my highest recommendation.”
Dr. Norris E. Belcher, Jr., Pastor, Church of the Open Door in Westminster, Maryland
“[Master Clubs] is a great blessing to our church. We have witnessed the salvation of many children with ten saved this year. Not only is it good for our children, it provides opportunities of ministry for adults and teens as well. The [Regionals competition] provides our clubbers a time of competition and fellowship with other churches, and is an evaluation of how well we are ministering. [Master Clubs] is a great evangelistic and discipleship ministry of our church.”
Pastor Tim Daniel, New Testament Baptist Church in Kinston, North Carolina
“Without question, Master Clubs is the finest kids' club program available today. Written and developed by fundamentalists for fundamental Baptist churches, the [Master Clubs] program not only places a strong emphasis on Bible memorization, but also trains and equips the children to serve the Lord in their local church. I have seen the finished product: kids who want to serve the Lord. There is no other program like it.”
Ed Dunlop, Child Evangelist from Ringold, Georgia
“Just wanted to say thank you for the Master Club Program. We have been using Master Clubs in our church for a little over 5 years. It has given us a great structure to reach our families. The kids are very excited about the program and disappointed when we stop it for the summer! We are expecting great fruit in the days to come with using this program."
Dr. Dan Lamb, Pastor, Hillsboro Bible Baptist Church, Hillsboro, Ohio
"I am writing to commend you and all your staff at Master Ministries for the very fine Bible club program you provide for local churches like mine. We are nearing the end of our fourth year of Master Clubs and I am well pleased with our results. For most of the forty years of my pastorate here, Open Bible Baptist Church has had a Wednesday night Bible club ministry for our children. Five years ago it became necessary for our church to find a new club ministry to replace one that no longer held the same standards of ecclesiastical separation that it had previously adhered to. Finding your program was an answer to prayer! When your founder, Brother Abb Thomas, presented it to us, we knew at once that Master Clubs would be a good fit for us. The flexibility of your program model made the transition easy. We adapted it to the program frame already in place. Parents and workers embraced your curriculum which widened the teaching goal beyond mere Scripture memorization to training our kids for a life-long commitment to Christian disciplines and service. Our kids, from the 3-year-old through the sixth grade, enjoy earning their patches and awards week-to-week."
Dr. George W. Riddell III, Pastor, Open Bible Baptist Church in Williamstown, NJ