Ambassador Scholarship FAQ
1. Who can apply for the Master Clubs Ambassador Scholarship?
The only candidates eligible to apply for the Ambassador Scholarship are those who received the Ambassador Award in a local church chartered by Master Clubs. The candidate must be verified as an Ambassador Award recipient by the records on file at the Master Ministries offices in Milford, Ohio.
2. What is the Ambassador Award?
The Ambassador Award requires that a child earn all four Ambassador Crowns, complete 16 Discovery Bible Study Books, 46 Merit Badges, 90 Scripture Verses, 3 Daily Devotions Badges, and demonstrate Honorable Christian Character. The Ambassador Award is the highest honor given to a child in Master Clubs.
3. The highest award that I earned was the Master Clubs Triple Crown. Can I apply for the Ambassador Scholarship?
No. Only winners of Master Clubs’ highest honor, the Ambassador Award, are eligible to apply for the Ambassador Scholarship. The Triple Crown Award recognizes three crowns earned; whereas, the Ambassador Award is given in recognition of a child who earned all four crowns in the Ambassadors Discipleship Program: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
4. I earned the Ambassador Award last year when I was in 6th grade. I am now in the 7th grade. Should I apply for the Ambassador Scholarship now?
No. Please wait to apply for the scholarship until you are planning to attend college the following school year. Most applicants apply for scholarships during their senior year of high school. When applying, please observe all application deadlines.
5. Do you have to be a senior in high school to apply for the Ambassador Scholarship?
No. However, please do not apply for the Ambassador Scholarship until you are planning to attend college in the academic year that follows the awarding of the scholarship. Students classified below a high school senior should wait until they reach their senior year of high school to apply for the scholarship.
6. I have been accepted to a college this fall, but I only have a GED- can I still apply for the Ambassador Scholarship?
Yes. All winners of the Ambassador Scholarship must provide proof that they have been accepted to attend a college.
7. I am already in college, and I won the Ambassador Award when I was in Master Club. Can I still apply for the Ambassador Scholarship?
Yes. However, you must have valid college expenses. The ideal time to apply for a scholarship is when the student is a senior in high school.
8. Will everyone who applies for a scholarship receive a scholarship?
No. There are a limited number of scholarships available.
9. Does every child who received the Ambassador Award automatically receive a scholarship?
No. Ambassador Award winners must apply for the Ambassador Scholarship to be considered.
10. If I apply successfully for the Ambassador Scholarship this year but don’t win, can I reapply next year?
No. You may only apply one time providing all of your documents reached Master Clubs on or before the deadline.
11. What is the deadline for applying for the Ambassador Scholarship?
The deadline for applying for the Ambassador Scholarship is August 15, 2020. All documents in the application package must be received by Master Ministries in Milford, OH, by that date. It is the responsibility of the applicant to see that all documents mailed to Master Clubs are mailed in a timely manner so that they arrive prior to the deadline.
12. What should I do if my application is not accepted this year because part of my application package arrived beyond the deadline?
This is the only situation in which you may reapply in a subsequent year because the scholarship package was never considered by the Scholarship Committee. Unfortunately, the one-year delay may cause the applicant to be rendered ineligible for the scholarship. Remember, it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all documents in the application package are mailed in a timely manner.
13. How many scholarships will be awarded and at what amount?
The plan is to offer three, $1,000 scholarships. The total number of scholarships offered and the final amounts will be determined by the money available at the time the award is made.
14. If I win the Ambassador Scholarship, am I free to use the money at the college of my choice, or do I have to apply to a list of approved colleges?
Master Clubs does not maintain a list of approved colleges. You may use the scholarship money at the college of your choice. According to the publication, Scholarship Guidelines (Christian Law Association), “An educational institution maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities.”
15. I am applying for a scholarship, but my pastor who awarded my Ambassador Award is no longer in the ministry. How can I go about getting a pastor’s recommendation?
In order to be considered for the Ambassador Scholarship, one of the requirements is that your pastor must submit a recommendation form. Locate the pastor who has known you the longest and is willing to fulfill the requirements on the Pastor’s Recommendation form.
16. How is the scholarship money paid out to the winner?
The scholarship money will be paid directly to the winners upon receipt of proof that the applicant is either in college or accepted to college and can provide Master Clubs with receipts that meet or exceed the scholarship amount.
You may only use Ambassador Scholarship funds to pay for your college tuition, enrollment fees, and textbooks required for the year of college in which you are enrolling.
17. Are all Ambassador Scholarship applicants treated fairly and equally?
Yes. Your Personal Testimony and your Pastor’s Recommendation will be reviewed by the Ambassador Scholarship Committee. The committee is able to be completely objective because they will neither know the names of the applicants nor the pastors who sent in recommendations. This process ensures that all applicants receive an equal chance of winning a scholarship.
18. Where do I go to find out more about the Ambassador Scholarship?
19. My church doesn’t have a Master Club ministry. Where can I learn more about Master Clubs?
You can learn more about Master Clubs by visiting www.masterclubs.org. Your church or pastor may request a free Promotional Pack by filling out an on-line request at www.masterclubs.org/start. If you would like to learn more about the annual Loving and Leading Children Conference held annually at First Baptist Church, Milford, OH, then please visit www.lovingandleading.org. Check out the Master Clubs fan page on Facebook at www.masterclubs.org/facebook.